Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day at the Temple

Our wedding day was September 23, 2011.  I know everyone says that your wedding day is supposed to be the best day of your life.  It sounds cheesy, but really.  My wedding day was the best day ever.  It was so much fun!  I’ll admit.  Wedding planning?  Not so fun for me.  Very stressful, lots of errands, lots of borrowing, lots of brainstorming and decisions.  It was too much for me! How do girls do that while they are in school?! But the wedding day.  No more stress. No more decisions.  No more planning. You just let the day run its course and relax and be ok with everything.  And you are just so blissfully happy that nothing can bother you.  Nothing in the world can ruin your day!
The morning began at a rental house near Park City that my family was staying at.  The whole fam went to Ben’s parents house to start setting up for the reception, while my amazingly talented cousin Loni and I stayed at the rental while she did my hair and nails.  I got to hold her cute baby Faye the whole time on my lap because my silly family didn’t leave anyone to watch her.  But it was fun and Faye behaved very well, although I don’t think she was completely happy with the situation. Haha
The family finally came home, got ready, and my mom and I drove to the Salt Lake City Temple together.  The rest of the family met us there a little later.  It was so fun to have my mom help me get ready inside the beautiful temple.  We were sealed by Ben’s mission president, Elder Bennett.  It was amazing.  The ceremony was wonderful.  We were surrounded by our closest friends and family members, all of them ecstatic about our marriage.  It was a beautiful feeling. 
When I was a little girl, I always said I wanted to get married in the Salt Lake Temple because I was amazed by the beauty and history of it.  But I never thought I actually would get married there! I am a lucky girl.
So here are some of the pictures from after the ceremony at the temple.  There are so many photos.  I’ll be posting them bits at a time.  (They are kind of in backwards order.)
























My new little sisters








Me and the best mom in the world!


My Sissies
The Pike Fam!

Elder and Sister Bennett and Scott and Kelley, Ben's mission friends (and my sister).



The Neff Fam!
Kev!






Lots of hugs.  Lots of laughing.  Lots of family. Oh it was so much fun!  More to come...
Check out our photographer's post here.

1 comment: