Friday, May 6, 2011

For the first time...I feel Wicked!

I actually do feel a little wicked...instead of doing homework tonight, which was my original plan, I went to see Wicked! Yes, I know what you are thinking. Why would I plan on doing homework on a Friday night in London? Well, because I have A LOT of it. I am not on vacation. I am going to school. HA! what a load of bologna. I am totally on vacation with a hint of school. But really, that hint of school is much more potent than I would like it to be. I shouldn't call it vacation. The work load has been challenging.

I am so glad I decided to go to Wicked instead of writing a paper. It was incredible. (I'm sure my parents love hearing that.) First of all, students get the best available seats at an amazing discount price. So we got to sit in rows 6 and 7. I was front and center. I have seen Wicked once before at the Pantages in L.A., but I almost completely forgot the story. And sitting so close, I was able to see the costumes really well. They were so detailed and beautiful and funky.

You know you are a theater nerd when you get all choked up several times throughout a show purely because you are overwhelmed at the talent and beauty of the performance. I felt like I was about to cry about ten times throughout the show! How embarrassing! I guess I truly am a theater nerd.

The dancing was really awesome. I don't remember much dancing in it before, but this time it really stood out to me. Fiyero was a magnificent dancer! He really knew how to move those hips! I can totally see my friend Zach playing him someday. It would be a perfect role for him.

There were seven of us, but this is Taylor, me and Kristen, and we couldn't wait for the show to start!

Our 7th row center seats

1 comment: