Wednesday, June 1, 2011

London Walk #8: Inns of Court

What a beautiful day in London today! I went on the Inns of Court walk today with Scott and Andrea right after breakfast. I had a late night last night figuring out our Paris trip which begins this evening! So as you can imagine, I slept as long as possible until breakfast at 8 and walking directly after. Unfortunately this meant no time to get ready in the morning. So obviously this is not my favorite picture. Plus it was taken with my phone, so not the best. But here we are (Andrea and me) in front of the Royal Courts of Justice.

Beautiful, isn’t it? Today’s walk took us through the many inns that form the legal heart of London. This is the area of town where barristers, or advocates, are trained. I loved today’s walk mostly because it was beautiful, sunny, and not too busy. Also, we found a fruit stand with blackberries and strawberries for a pound per punnet! That was a nice find and made for a lovely lunch later. Blackberries are my absolute favorite. My favorite thing, which I didn’t get a picture of, was Staple Inn because it was one of the few wood-framed buildings to survive the Great Fire of 1666, which I think is pretty amazing. 4/5 of London was destroyed in that fire. I enjoyed today’s walk as I usually enjoy these walks.

I wish I could write more about what’s going on, but alas, I have homework to try and work on in the next hour before I leave. So it will all have to wait.

Well, off to Paris! au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment