Monday, June 6, 2011

London Walk #9: Bankside and Southwark

On Sunday, it rained all day, and I haven’t really had a rainy day in London yet. I was feeling like having some me time, so I decided to get my umbrella out of the bottom of my drawer and take a walk through my favorite nearby place, Kensington Gardens. It was very peaceful and beautiful. The sky was gray and my leggings were getting soaked, but I was so happy to be out walking in the rain. On my way back, I ran into a few friends who were on their way to take on of the assigned walks, one I hadn’t done. So I decided to join. A little more walking in the rain sounded great. I was only heading home because I felt guilty about not doing homework.

Lorraine, Cara, Alexa, and I hopped on our tube to the start of our walk. We walked past some pretty awesome things including Shakespeare’s Globe Theater, which I have been to numerous times now (two plays and a guided tour), the Tate Gallery of Modern Art (which I went to today and pretty much hated), the Tower of London (which we are FINALLY touring this week!!! J), and Tower Bridge (which looks to me like it belongs in Disneyland). I was amazed at how dark London was on Sunday. It doesn’t start getting dark until very late here (around 10 maybe?). But just because the sky was so gray, the whole city became pretty gloomy. I actually really liked it.

Cara, Lorraine, Me, and Alexa in front of Tower Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment